Saturday, February 8, 2014

WorldView

I. Worldview is a set of standards in which one looks at the events, circumstances, relationships and all that one encounters throughout the life process. Worldview can vary from one time period in one's life to the next. For example, before I was saved I viewed the bible as mans ways to control society. A policing system that was spread out on mankind to cut down on crimes and to control communities.

II. My worldview of scripture and life in its entirety changed drastically after I was born again to the point that now everything that comes in or goes out of my life is scrutinized finely by the laws of the Spirit and by God's word.

HIS word is used as a type of sifter to weigh every event, everything, and everyone in my life now. I have done so for many years. I haven't always been perfect but when I missed the mark it was easy to see through the scripture.

Origin; As Christians we did not come to being as the Islāmic Faith believes that we were created gradually in stages and from a liquid substance. Man was created from dust by the hands of God [Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul"] just like when Jesus went to heal the eyes of one blind man and HE bent down, picked up some clay of the earth, mixed it with HIS spittle and rubbed it into the mans eyes to make them new again or to heal them. [John 9:6 "When HE had thus spoken, HE had spat on the ground and made clay from spittle, and HE anointed the eyes of the blind man with clay"]

Identity; My cat, my bunny or my bamboo plant are not equal with me or with any mankind. God made mankind an original. We are a one of a kind made in HIS image and we have a soul. [Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in HIS own image, in the image of God created HE him; male and female created HE them."]

And God even created us to be esteemed higher than HIS heavenly host; the angels. [Psalm 8:5 "For you have made him a little lower than the angels and have crowned him with glory and honor."]

Purpose; If Christians suffer for Christ in this life time for nothing, for no purpose than would they not be the first to commit suicide. If all the rejection from society, the being an outcast on trains where many are drunken or under the influence to ball games that we have to ride along as passengers with though we wish not to be in danger of any unruly person under the influence.

To have been looked down upon many times and accused of judging others when we took a stand for life to and a stand against abortion or gay marriage. [Luke 10:19 "He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth he that sent me."]

If a Christian had no purpose, no mandate by divine revelation, no call of God on his or her life then what would be any purpose of the suffering that this life brings to so many? [1 Corinthians 15:19 "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, in this life we are of all men to be pitied."]

Morality; Morals and Ethics can mean many things. The spirit of the Lord sometimes requires more of Christians then the law of God required of the Jews. Some Christians used to wear the bracelets "WWJD" that stood for "What Would Jesus Do" and this is a good place to start if one really wants to apply a Christian Worldview to every area of their lives.

What would Jesus do if HE were passing a hurt or weak person lying on the side of the road? [Luke 10:34 "He went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him."
Or what should we do about abortion when raging rivers of blood and baby body parts are rushing through our cities and states throughout this nation? We must take a stand against abortion!
God says HE hates the shedding of innocent blood when HE tells us the seven things that he abhors in the book of Proverbs. [Proverbs 6:16-17 Six things doth the Lord hate; yea, seven are an abomination to HIM: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among the brethren."]

Destiny: As with purpose if there is no reason to suffer while living for Christ to have a hope of being rewarded in Heaven for what we endured for Christ while here on earth then for what reason would anyone have to serve HIM?

God promises us that one day we will have final victory over the adversary of our soul; the great Beelzebub, the great dragon, Satan, the devil who is the headship of hates or hell.
[Revelations 20:1 "And I saw an angel come down from heaven having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand, And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan.
And bound him up for a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled and after that he must be loosed for a little season."]

III. a. My biblical worldview affects the way that I vote in a national election because I go to http://votesmart.org/ and I order voting guides (especially on presidential campaigns) and then I distribute them while I am shopping at the grocery store in the parking lot while people are headed to their cars or going into the stores. I pass them out anywhere that I can.

And if it is a particular issue that I know is relevant and important to this campaign then I will gain as much information as I can and I will say a little something to the people while I am handing them the literature. One year when president Bush was running for office I would describe what a partial birth abortion process consisted of.

[Proverbs 6:16-17 Six things doth the Lord hate; yea, seven are an abomination to HIM: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among the brethren."]

President Bush won that year and it was in South Florida where I was able to distribute the voter guides and vote smart literature. You can also sign up to be a volunteer at the Christian Coalition where they will provide you with your own profile and widgets. http://www.cc.org/voter_guides

I find the voter guides a bit more user friendly for those who don't have a lot of time to research a particular candidate. I support candidates who are pro life only and who want to protect the constitution when it comes to traditional marriage between one man and one woman.

I don't think we should support those who are destroying our planet at rates so fast that we will need a miracle to reverse the damages done by the oil industry to our oceans, our lands, our air quality and our planet. We are instructed in God's word that it is our responsibility to take dominion over the earth and care for it.

[Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and the foul of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth"] And [Genesis 2:15 "And then the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it"]

b. My Career Choice is also based on my Christian Worldview after a revelatory dream that the Lord gave me(see more here http://kimig.tripod.com/thedream/ )five years after I was deemed permanently disabled in 2000. It was in October of 2005 and I had just lost my home of seven years. It was the first home that I had since the kids and I lost our five bedroom home in Clinton, MS. Granted it this was only a ghetto apartment but I was happy and I had a five year ministry to the youth there in Tarpon Springs, Florida where I would take about 100 children to three different local churches between Tarpon Springs, FL and Clearwater, Florida. I also taught them free piano lessons, took them to the beach weekly and baptized many of them nine months of the year from 2000 to 2005. See more here; http://kimig.tripod.com/kimgerredtranscript/kim-gerred-nelson-s-youth-ministry.html

Many of the kids were saved at my front door where I had a Jewish Mezuzah and I wanted all who entered to touch it while reciting the Jewish blessing "The Lord my God is one" Inside the Mezuzah was the scroll of the ten commandments and dozens of prayer requests that I had placed in there. That October the Lord spoke clearly to me in a dream that HIS purpose for my life was politics. I thought about all the other bad stuff that had happened but I knew that God had spoke clearly and that nothing could oppose HIS will (not even my disabilities of which most were mobility) for me to run in politics.

HE had also been speaking to me from 2000 through 2005 from [Isaiah 60 "For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish, yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted."] Then I thought about what that would mean in relation to politics. And how God had been speaking to me from [Psalm 18:43 also found in 2 Samuel 22 "Thou hast delivered me from the striving of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen: a people whom I have not known shall serve me."]

A lot has happened since then, I spent from October 2005 until January of 2008 homeless as a very sick person. That dream was all I had to go by to keep hope alive. There were hundreds of others of homeless too as I left Tarpon Springs, Fl just two weeks after Hurricane Katrina had left hundreds of thousands homeless in September of 2005 including in my home state of Mississippi.

So housing was slim to none for all of us. I stayed on my old church Sunday school floor for about a year, slept on a missionaries floor for three months all the while I stayed busy about my father's business of saving souls by the distribution of the publication of the gospel and telling people about the Lord. But in the back of my mind I always kept the dream alive. I registered to vote in every place that I moved to and one time I even ran a small campaign for a town I had only stepped in for the first time in my life.

The campaign began 3 months after I moved to town. I was running against an eight term mayor who was a former Navy vet and six weeks after I jumped in the campaign the mayor's wife was killed in an auto accident. But I got my feet wet, a good newspaper article was written about me and I won 18% of the vote and I was a little newcomer to town. I was still very ill and had to have a major oral surgery the following year but nothing has stopped me from believing what God has spoken HE is able to do. I will leave the timing and the campaign in HIS hands now. And I will just keep doing what I know will help HIS cause.

January 31st, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment