Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Harvey, Houston & Texas

My name is Kimmy Gerred. In 1994 I lost my five bedroom home in a prestigious neighborhood in Clinton, MS., four kids, two cats, a dog and all my possessions as a single mother.
That was only the first home I lost. Two years later I finally got back into my own place but it was in the ghetto in Florida. I loved it and began a five year Youth ministry where I was able to baptize dozens of children in Jesus name and teach them the bible.
Two weeks after Katrina, I lost my home again as the government tried to free up some low-income apts for the Katrina victims without considering the poor or the disabled who were already sheltered there.
Once again, I was without a home of my own and Parkway Church allowed me to live on the 2nd floor Sunday School room from 2006-2007 in Mississippi.
I finally got back in my own home in Jan. 2008 but in rural Missouri. The following year in 2009, my book was published by a publisher and opened my own businesses from rural Missouri.
In 2010, I moved to Palm Springs, CA. and begin writing and publishing my own books. I wish I could say the loss stopped there. But in 2013, I was given legal documents ending my lease and once more found myself without a safe place to lay my head or a home of my own until five months later in La Mesa, Ca. where the following year in Jan. 2014 I was accepted into and begin to attend Liberty University where I made straight A's and B's until May of 2015 in their "Intense" Courses.
Eventually, I made my way back to Palm Springs, CA. in May of 2014 where I still reside. Now, I'm a licensed Health and Life Insurance agent for the state of California.
Without losing my home in 1995, I would have never got to baptize those dozens of children in Jesus name, nor taught hundreds of children about the word of God.
Without losing my home in 2005, I would have never got my book published or became a publisher myself. I hope that helps to remember Romans 8:28.
Romans 8:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. Find some really good poetry and feel free to share it any way you would like to.. http://poetrycharity.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment