Sunday, February 9, 2014

Is Jesus Really the Only Way?

Is Jesus Really the Only Way? Scripture tells us in John 14:6 that "Jesus saith unto him; I am the way, the truth and the life; No man cometh unto the Father, but by me". Christianity is not just the only exclusive religion. There are many other exclusive religions including Buddha and Mohammad in the world that say their way is the right way.

Some religions go to the extreme to make their belief system the only one with the majority members. It is just that Christianity is the only one whereby Jesus is actually showing up in divine revelations by dreams and other revelatory ways to prove that He is the way, the truth and the life. Some in the Muslim culture have been coming forward and saying that Jesus appeared to them and told them that HE is the truth and that they should follow HIM.

I know from first hand experience that HIS way is truth and that HE is alive and that is a personal statement and account that I can give that HE is the way, the truth and the life. He is the only way that my prayers get to the Father. He is my only entrance to the Father. When God the father sees me, HE sees Jesus because Jesus' blood has paid for my sins and now I can freely go to the Father in prayer through Jesus and get my petitions heard and answered by the One and only true God of the universe.

The key to salvation is that you have to continue to seek God until you find HIM. I went to the alter at age 12 in a Methodist church and I said the salvation prayer that they lead me in. Nothing happened. I don't know why. My first boyfriend in the sixth grade was my next door neighbor who's father was a preacher. He was my first boyfriend and he was the son of a preacher man, but once more that didn't help me when they took me to their Nazarene church. And again later while I was in my early twenties I took my two young children to church and I went forward to be baptized at a Baptist church. Again, nothing happened.

It was only when I was pregnant with my third child that I was desperate for answers. I didn't believe in divorce from as long as I could remember. I hated divorce! But after two years of marriage counseling that my first husband refused to go to and after seven and a half years of emotional and physical abuse my mother lead me away from him when I told her that the marriage counselor suspected that my ex husband was abusing my children.

So I remarried less then three years after our divorce. During my pregnancy I caught him cheating on me in the worst way possible--he was sleeping with anything that had legs! A lady saw me walking home from the store one evening in my 7th month of pregnancy. She mistook me for a friend of hers from church. She stopped and asked if she could give me a ride. I accepted and on the way home she asked me if she could pray for me about anything and then she asked me if I would like to ride with her to church in the morning.

My husband had gone deer hunting as he did occasionally in Vicksburg, MS. where his folks had a big farm, a family operated store and pool hall and he had a lot of brothers and friends there. When he would go he would always stay gone the entire weekend because it was a few hours drive from Richland, MS. where we lived. And his family was very busy on the weekends with the pool hall and alcohol sales.

When she prayed she started using a heavenly language known as tongues. My mother had always warned me to stay away from any tongue talkers because she said the devil would come after me. Well, I didn't have much of a choice. My mother was no where around and I was desperate! I asked the lady to pray for my husband to come home. It was a Saturday night and I knew my husband would not be home until Monday.

Unbeknownst to me my ex husband comes rolling in a 2AM and throws a deer in the front yard. The next morning the kids and I got up and went to church. Once more when the alter call was given I asked Jesus to save me. That morning in church service I saw everyone raising their hands and praising the Lord so I decided I would try to do the same. When I did that something in my heart changed greatly! I had surrendered to God! I let down all my guards! I had always been very proud and kinda self centered egotistically. When I took myself off the pedestal of my heart and I put Jesus there I had a heart transformation.

That night, I got baptized "In Jesus Name" my life was so radically changed from that day on. What I once thought true my whole life, I learned was a lie. And I learned that one was not supposed to be a taker in life but that it was exactly opposite. That we are to be givers and even helpers. Not just to stop cheating, lying or stealing to get ahead or to survive. But to actually START and BEGIN to give money away to God, adn to the poor. What a radical change in my heart and life that was.

I also learned that I didn't have to depend on my husband or myself, I didn't have to depend on my parents or on anyone but now I had someone that I really could actually trust. Someone who would be there for me day or night. Someone who would never leave me or forsake me, cheat on me or reject me. I now could lean on someone else besides myself. I no longer had to depend on my own self to solve every problem in life.

A year and a half later, I began learning about tithing from a great faith teacher Pastor Robert Tilton and I have never stopped tithing since those early years. Tithing is when you give 10% of all your income to the Lord. I also give alms to the poor, and I keep the three HOLY feasts offerings as was taught to me by Pastor Steve Munsey. I've been doing that since Spring or Passover of 2000.

Later, I learned that I was not to put myself ahead of others but to esteem everyone else ahead of myself. To prefer others before myself. Some of the bible principals were easier at the beginning then they were at other times in my life after long periods of trials or tribulation, injustices or even persecutions. But still, it was a whole new way of thinking for me after I was born again. Salvation is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment