Friday, January 16, 2015

My Past Should Not Embarrass You



Last night I posted some things on Facebook because of something happening on "Twitter" and I felt the need to defend myself. Two of my sisters were offended because I mean... who would want to admit that your sister was homeless for several years?
It is embarrassing and I understand that. But that is no reason to lie and try to pretend like it never happened as one of them did then later she called me a "martyr". I am not a martyr. There are at least three of my facebook friends who helped me or took me in and allowed me and my two smallest children sleep on their sleeper sofa when I was homeless so many can prove that I was telling the truth including Pastor Steve Mitchell from Jackson Revival Center.
And when I was electrocuted it was exactly like I said it was. No one was there but me until my mother came downstairs and got me off. The only thing I remember was when I peed my britches my hands were glued even stronger to the water pipe. That was the last thing I remember. My very own mother was the one who told me she had to knock me off with a broom.
I made a covenant with God in 2000 that I wanted to keep the Ten Commandments because I was already keeping all of them but three. I used to tell those "little white lies" at my convenience. I had to stop that.
I told another little white lie several years later while in rural Missouri and when I did I had to admit it to the person that I lied to, I had to repent and tell that person the truth. It was terribly embarrassing.
And worse than anything it was about nothing but some bottle rocket fireworks that I shot toward the street on the 4th of July in rural Missouri.
Nonetheless, I lied about it so in front of 3 people I had to admit that when I stumbled so bad over my words it was only because I had lied. Then I had to tell the truth. I am the world's worse liar.
When I lie... I stumble all over my words because it is NOT natural for me. I think everyone should make an effort to keep the commands of God. It would make the world a much better place.
The other two things that I was not doing in obedience to the "Ten Commandments" were "Keep the Sabbath day Holy" and not to fornicate or commit adultery.
Proverbs 19:7 "All a poor man's brothers hate him; how much more do his friends go far from him!" ... "Even his own brothers, children of the same parents, hate and shun a poor" Some of us know all too well that this verse is true. But what is worse is when they encourage your riddance! Proverbs 14:20 "A poor man is hated even by his neighbor, but there are many who love the rich."

No comments:

Post a Comment